The Finance Department is responsible for managing the financial operations of the City. This includes:
- Maintaining accounting records for the general fund, special revenue funds, debt service funds, capital project funds, internal service funds and the enterprise funds.
- Processing payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and utility billing
- Preparation of the Annual Budget
- Investment Management
- Debt Service Management (new issues, refinances and rating calls)
- Risk Management (property / general liability insurance and workers compensation)
- Human Resource Management (payroll, benefits, and employee recruitment/retention)
- Audit Coordination and Preparing the Annual Financial Report
In addition, this department is also responsible for Information Technology Management (Computer - hardware / software).