Recycling is available to all local residents through the use of our Recycling Center. The Recycling Center is located at 2761 Viking Boulevard NE, near the intersection of Viking Boulevard (County Road 22) and East Bethel Boulevard (County Road 15) next to Fire Station #1. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Acceptable materials include:
- Aluminum beverage cans/steel food cans
- Appliances (do not leave electronics, tires, and TV’s)
- Automotive batteries
- Clothing (drop box)
- Corrugated cardboard - please flatten, this saves room for more cardboard (no polystyrene packing materials)
- Glass - food & beverage bottles/jars
- Mixed paper, junk mail, magazines, catalogs
- Newspaper, supplements, phone books
- Scrap metal - free of plastic/glass/wood/rubber (do not leave electronics or TVs!)
- Used oil/used oil filter
*We do not accept plastic or wood items.
Recycling Saves Energy
- It takes 90% less energy to manufacture an aluminum can from recycled aluminum than from new metal one.
- It takes 50% less energy to manufacture glass from recycled glass than from virgin materials.
- It takes 75% less energy to manufacture paper than making it from virgin wood pulp.
- Recycling plastics uses roughly 10% of the energy that it takes to make a pound of plastics from virgin materials.
*Recycle More Minnesota and Green Living Tips websites
Residents who are looking to recycle an old vehicle for charity may choose to contact Wheels for Wishes. This is a tax-exempt charity benefitting local children’s charities in Minnesota.
Wheels for Wishes will pick up old and broken down vehicles, at no cost to their owners, and recycle or auction them to benefit local children’s charities in Minnesota. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, RVs, and boats may be accepted for donation.
For more information, contact Wheels for Wishes: 1-866-920-0264
Cell Phones, Eye Glasses & Printer Cartridge Recycling
Wondering what to do with old cell phones, eye glasses or used printer cartridges? Bring them to city hall during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and they will be recycled.