Recycling is available to all local residents through the use of our Recycling Center. (Small businesses are also welcome!) The Recycling Center is located at 2761 Viking Boulevard NE, near the intersection of Viking Boulevard (County Road 22) and East Bethel Boulevard (County Road 15) next to Fire Station #1. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Acceptable materials include:
- Aluminum beverage cans/steel food cans
- Appliances (do not leave electronics, tires, and TV's)
- Automotive batteries
- Clothing (drop box)
- Corrugated cardboard - please flatten, this saves room for more cardboard (no polystyrene packing materials)
- Glass - food & beverage bottles/jars
- Mixed paper, junk mail, magazines, catalogs
- Newspaper, supplements, phone books
- Scrap metal - free of plastic/glass/wood/rubber (do not leave electronics or TVs!)
- Used oil/used oil filters
Recycling Saves Energy
- It takes 90% less energy to manufacture an aluminum can from recycled aluminum than from new metal one.
- It takes 50% less energy to manufacture glass from recycled glass than from virgin materials.
- It takes 75% less energy to manufacture paper than making it from virgin wood pulp.
- Recycling plastics uses roughly 10% of the energy that it takes to make a pound of plastics from virgin materials.
*Recycle More Minnesota and Green Living Tips websites
Boat Wrap Recycling
Each year Minnesota generates tons of this bulky waste, do your part to keep it out of the trash and recycle your boat wrap through a new convenient local program. Collections run from April 1 to May 31, 2020. It's easy! Bring your boat wrap to the East Bethel Recycling Center located at 2761 Viking Boulevard NE and place it in the newspaper room. Recycle center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Residents who are looking to recycle an old vehicle for charity may choose to contact Wheels for Wishes. This is a tax-exempt charity benefitting local children's charities in Minnesota.
Wheels for Wishes will pick up old and broken down vehicles, at no cost to their owners, and recycle or auction them to benefit local children's charities in Minnesota. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, RVs, and boats may be accepted for donation.
For more information, contact Wheels for Wishes: 1-866-920-0264
Cell Phone & Printer Cartridge Recycling
Wondering what to do with your old cell phone or used printer cartridge? Bring them to city hall during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and they will be recycled.
East Bethel Scholarship Program Committee & Recycling
The East Bethel Scholarship Program Committee in cooperation with the Cedar/East Bethel Lions, and the City of East Bethel recycling program is announcing an effort to properly recycle old cell phones, their rechargeable batteries, inkjet cartridges, used or new fishing rods and reels, and eye glasses. The committee and current royalty fundraise the money necessary to keep their fundraising program running from year to year. This will be an ongoing fundraiser and you can support your Miss East Bethel program by recycling your objects at one of the drop box sites: East Bethel City Hall and the East Bethel Recycle Center.
If you have questions, please call Jessica Meyenburg at 763-772-3115 or Email Jessica.