Go To Search
GovernmentResidentsBusinessServicesHelp Center
Click to Home

Planning Division
The Planning Division prepares and implements the comprehensive plan, which guides land use, zoning, municipal utilities, transportation, and community facility improvements or anticipated changes, as well as interpreting and enforcing the zoning, subdivision and sign codes, environmental planning, and GIS.

Staff members prepare reports and make recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council for decisions regarding land development within the City. They also prepare special reports and studies for economic growth, redevelopment, and long-range plans.

Planning Documents

Administrative Subdivision Application for dividing a lot/parcel/property.

    Conditional Use Permit (CUP) Application nonconforming land use for the current zoning.

    Grading Permit Application altering between 500 to 1,000 cubic yards of earth.

Interim Use Permits (IUP’s)

Farm Animals IUP

Home Occupation IUP

Kennel IUP


    Mining - Major - Permit Application altering more than 5,000 cubic yards of earth.

    Mining - Minor - Permit Application altering between 1,00 to 5,000 cubic yards of earth.

    Outdoor Entertainment - Permit Application. Required for private gatherings of 250 people or more or for commercial gatherings of 500 people or more.

    Site Plan Application evaluates public infrastructure requirements, traffic impacts, stormwater management, and erosion control for plats. The plat process is done in three phases: concept plan, preliminary plat, and final plat. 

    Subdivision Application  for dividing a lot/parcel/property into several smaller lots/parcels/properties.

    Variance Permit Application for"undue hardship" meaning the property in question cannot be put to a reasonable use under the current zoning regulations and the plight of the landowner is due to circumstances unique to the property not created by the landowner, and the variance, if granted, will not alter the essential character of the locality.

Wetland Forms
    Joint Application Form for Activities Affecting Water Resources in Minnesota (wetlands)

Sign Permits
    Sign Permit - Permanent

    Sign Permit - Temporary